Rahul Deep Singh named MD of Hazira LNG, Hazira Ports
- Kia Motors to hire 3,000 employees for its upcoming plant in Andhra Pradesh
- Gold prices plunge by Rs100 on lacklustre demand
- Manohar Parrikar arrives in Goa, presents state budget
- China downplays report of upgrading air defences along India border
- Telecom department unveils strategic plan for operational synergy of telecom PSUs
Ahmedabad: The Hazira Group of companies on Tuesday announced the appointment of Rahul Deep Singh as managing director for Hazira LNG Pvt. Ltd (HLPL) and Hazira Ports Pvt. Ltd (HPPL).
HLPL and HPPL are collectively known as Hazira Group of Companies and are partnered by Shell Gas B.V. and Total Gaz Electricité Holdings, France.
Nitin Shukla, present managing director and chief executive officer of HLPL and HPPL, will retire after 15 years of service in Hazira Group on 30 September, according to a company statement.
Since the commission of Hazira LNG in 2005, the terminal has rapidly expanded from an initial regasification capacity of 2 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) to 3 mtpa in 2008 and then further to 5 mtpa in 2013.
“I am delighted that Rahul is stepping in to take Hazira companies to the next level. With his global experience and expertise across the full LNG value chain, he takes on the task of driving further growth, albeit in a challenging market context for the oil and gas industry,” Shukla said in a statement.