McDonald’s to open 2,000 more China stores by end-2022
Shanghai: McDonald’s Corp. will increase its number of stores in mainland China to 4,500 by the end of 2022, up from 2,500 currently, as part of a strategic partnership with Citic Ltd and the Carlyle Group , it said on Tuesday.
The global fast-food chain said it aimed to achieve double-digit sales growth in mainland China every year for the next five years.
McDonald’s completed a deal at the end of July giving Citic a controlling interest in its mainland China and Hong Kong businesses. Reuters
- How the humble cauliflower triggered a farmer’s wrath
- M.B. Patil: The man who led the Lingayat movement
- Rally by railway job aspirants in Mumbai assumes political colour
- India lodges fresh protest with Pakistan on ‘harassment’
- Energy efficiency, green concerns key to India’s development goals: R.K. Singh