Emirates will suspend its flights to and from Doha from tomorrow
Emirates will suspend all flights to and from Doha from Tuesday morning, joining Etihad Airways in a similar move amid a diplomatic spat between Qatar and some of its Gulf neighbours
Latest News »
- EPFO to help 1 million subscribers purchase houses
- GoAir to partner regional airline for Udan scheme
- India to organize commemorative Asean summit to mark 25 years of partnership
- Cabinet clears amendment to bilateral social security deal with the Netherlands
- Piyush Goyal urges power sector to pay taxes honestly
Dubai: Dubai-based carrier Emirates said it will suspend all flights to and from Doha from Tuesday morning until further notice, joining Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways in a similar move amid a diplomatic spat between Qatar and some of its Gulf neighbours.
The move came after Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain severed their ties with Qatar on Monday, accusing it of supporting terrorism, opening up the worst rift in years among some of the most powerful states in the Arab world.
Emirates said the last flight from Dubai to Doha will depart at 2:30am on Tuesday, while the last flight from Doha to Dubai will depart at 3:50am.
“All customers booked on Emirates’ flights to and from Doha will be provided with alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and free rebooking to the nearest alternate Emirates destinations,” the airline said in an email. Reuters