Ant Financial shuffles management, names Eric Jing its new CEO
Latest News »
- Delhi court to hear Satyender Jain’s pleas against Kapil Mishra on 11 September
- How kabaddi players are becoming faster, fitter, stronger
- DLF shares up 6% ahead of board meet to decide on GIC deal
- Teams like Sri Lanka, West Indies show why a two-tier system may be needed
- Air India chief Ashwani Lohani appointed chairman of Railway Board
Beijing: Ant Financial Services Group, the online and mobile financial services affiliate of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, on Saturday shuffled top leadership positions, announcing the appointment of current president Eric Jing as its new chief executive officer (CEO).
Ant Financial, which runs Alipay, a payment platform, said in a press release on Saturday its current CEO and executive chairman Lucy Peng will remain executive chairman.
According to the company, Peng will focus on “guiding corporate strategy, overseeing talent development, and nurturing the company’s corporate culture,” while the new CEO Jing takes over responsibility for day-to-day management and leadership of Ant Financial.
The changes will become effective on 16 October, the company said.
Ant Financial’s Alipay payment platform dominates the online payments industry in China and is looking to expand its presence overseas as competition from Tencent’s rival Wechat payment system heats up at home.
Ant Financial, valued at close to $60 billion, offers services like online payment, wealth management products and insurance. Its core Alipay online payment business was founded in 2004. Reuters