Google says no changes in algorithm to re-rank websites: Russian watchdog
Moscow: Russian communications watchdog Roskomnadzor said on Monday it had been informed by Google that the search engine does not change its algorithm to re-rank individual websites.
Google was responding to a request from Roskomnadzor regarding Russian media outlets RT and Sputnik, Roskomnadzor said on its website.
Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Alphabet executive chairman Eric Schmidt, speaking at an international forum this month, responded to a question about Sputnik articles appearing on Google by saying the company was working to give less prominence to “those kinds of websites” as opposed to delisting them. Reuters
- EC opposes judicial review of AAP MLAs’ disqualification
- Govt planning 13-digit number for M2M communication
- Artificial intelligence poses risks of misuse by hackers, say researchers
- Pakistan backed by China behind influx of Bangladeshis into Assam: Army chief
- Billy Graham, pastor who advised world leaders, dies at 99