Google says no changes in algorithm to re-rank websites: Russian watchdog
Moscow: Russian communications watchdog Roskomnadzor said on Monday it had been informed by Google that the search engine does not change its algorithm to re-rank individual websites.
Google was responding to a request from Roskomnadzor regarding Russian media outlets RT and Sputnik, Roskomnadzor said on its website.
Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Alphabet executive chairman Eric Schmidt, speaking at an international forum this month, responded to a question about Sputnik articles appearing on Google by saying the company was working to give less prominence to “those kinds of websites” as opposed to delisting them. Reuters
- Canara Bank plans to hire bankers for up to Rs3,500 crore QIP
- Zohra: Inspiring sounds of music in war-torn Afghanistan
- Devendra Fadnavis govt may face fury over farm distress during winter session
- Security forces pin hopes on public ire against J&K militants
- RIC meet: Foreign ministers of Russia, India, China meet today to boost Asia-Pacific relations