Uber launches UberEATS food delivery service in Delhi
New Delhi: Uber India said Wednesday it has launched UberEATS in Delhi and has partnered 200 restaurants for the food delivery service.
“Partnering with over 200 restaurants in South Delhi, Delhiites can now order their local favourites from restaurants like Barista, Moti Mahal, Pita Pit, and Dimcha,” Uber said in a statement. Earlier this year, Uber had launched UberEATS in India starting with Mumbai. It then extended the service to Gurugram in June.
UberEATS is Uber’s attempt to bite into the food delivery market that is currently dominated by the likes of FoodPanda, Swiggy and Zomato in India. Started in 2014 as a small delivery pilot in Los Angeles, UberEATS was later launched as a separate mobile app in Toronto in December 2015. Since then, it has been expanded to 27 countries covering over 45,000 restaurants globally, including India.
- Thousands stranded, scores injured in snowbound Tokyo
- Asia wakes to Donald Trump’s big trade move with tariffs aimed at them
- Market Live: Nifty hits 11,000, Sensex crosses 36,000, RIL, Axis Bank shares rise
- Tata Group sees big opportunity to grow in financial services
- Rupee opens marginally higher against US dollar