BookaTruck to raise Rs25 crore for expansion
Latest News »
- Kumar Mangalam Birla revives Applause Entertainment for content play
- Donald Trump’s business councils are disbanded after CEOs quit in protest
- US Fed sees balance sheet move soon as inflation debate heats up
- CureFit in talks to raise $25-30 million in fresh funding
- Minamata Convention comes into force, India yet to ratify it
New Delhi: Truck booking start-up BookaTruck plans to raise about Rs25 crore in the third quarter of this fiscal to expand its presence across the country.
BookaTruck launched the app-based service for booking of heavy commercial vehicles in February. Its co-founder Harshit Khetawat said it is looking to raise about Rs25 crore in the third quarter of 2017-18.
“We aim to reduce transportation cost by making trucking efficient and simple,” Khetawat said.
BookaTruck is a technology-enabled logistics service provider and offers a one-stop solution for all truck transportation needs throughout India, Khetawat said. “Through this service, one can also track movement of vehicles as they are equipped with GPS and we provide 24x7 customer care,” he added.
Since its launch, BookaTruck has seen about 1,300 app downloads and registered over 10,000 trucks.