BookaTruck to raise Rs25 crore for expansion
- Ahead of Gujarat election results, BJP MP predicts dismal performance for party
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
- As bitcoin, other currencies soar, regulators urge caution
- Metlife says it failed to pay some pensions, flags hit to reserves
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Eastern India’s first CNG stations
New Delhi: Truck booking start-up BookaTruck plans to raise about Rs25 crore in the third quarter of this fiscal to expand its presence across the country.
BookaTruck launched the app-based service for booking of heavy commercial vehicles in February. Its co-founder Harshit Khetawat said it is looking to raise about Rs25 crore in the third quarter of 2017-18.
“We aim to reduce transportation cost by making trucking efficient and simple,” Khetawat said.
BookaTruck is a technology-enabled logistics service provider and offers a one-stop solution for all truck transportation needs throughout India, Khetawat said. “Through this service, one can also track movement of vehicles as they are equipped with GPS and we provide 24x7 customer care,” he added.
Since its launch, BookaTruck has seen about 1,300 app downloads and registered over 10,000 trucks.