Nissan recalls more than 54,000 cars, cites air bag problem
Latest News »
- McDonald’s terminates franchise agreement with CPRL for 169 restaurants
- China expresses ‘strong dissatisfaction’ with US intellectual property probe
- University of Texas removes Confederate statues
- Tata Motors CEO says to invest Rs4,000 crore to boost car, truck sales
- Trai’s discussion paper on spectrum auction likely this week
New York: Nissan is recalling more than 54,000 cars because of curtain and seat-mounted air bags that may unexpectedly deploy when the door is slammed.
Nissan North America says the recall affects the 2012 Nissan Versa vehicles. It says the problem may be caused by the degradation of the side impact sensor connector pins. The unexpected deployment of the air bags can increase the risk of injury.
Nissan says dealers will install a new jumper harness and replace the side impact sensors free of charge.