BookMyShow FY16 profit at Rs3.1 crore
- Lalu’s wife Rabri Devi, son Tejashwi get fresh summons in money laundering case
- Japan voters poised to give Shinzo Abe fresh mandate as election nears
- Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat tomorrow, inaugurate slew of projects
- Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu undergoes angiography at AIIMS, stent placed
- Afghanistan mosques suicide attack: Death toll rises to 72
New Delhi: Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, which owns online entertainment ticketing platform BookMyShow.com, on Monday reported a Rs.3.1 crore profit for the year ended 31 March, against a loss of Rs.13.5 crore in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose to Rs.248 crore in the period from Rs.130 crore. Revenue from online ticket booking doubled to Rs.176.7 crore from Rs.88.4 crore.
Founded in 1999 by Ashish Hemrajani, Parikshit Dar and Rajesh Balpande, the Mumbai-based online ticketing company raised over Rs.550 crore in its fourth round of funding in July led by US-based Stripes Group with existing investors Network 18, Accel Partners, and SAIF Partners participating. The funding valued the company at Rs.3,000 crore.
BookMyShow is present in over 350 towns and cities and is looking to grow its user base in Tier two towns and cities. The company sold an average of 7.8 million ticket per month in the financial year 2015-16.