TVS CMD Venu Srinivasan joins Sir Dorabji Tata Trust as trustee
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
Mumbai: Venu Srinivasan, chairman and managing director of TVS Motor Co. Ltd, has joined Sir Dorabji Tata Trust (SDTT) Tata Trust as one of its trustees.
The Times of India first reported the news on Monday.
Tata Trusts spokesperson confirmed his appointment. V.R. Mehta, another Trustee said, Srinivsasan joined the trust on 31 October. SDTT holds 28% in the holding company,Tata Sons Ltd. Srinivasan is also an independent director on Tata Sons. Besides Srinivasan, other trustees in SDTT include N.A. Soonawala, Dr Amrita Patel, R.K. Krishna Kumar, V.R. Mehta and R. Venkataramanan.
Srinivasan is the second Tata Sons director to become a part of the Tata trusts. Amit Chandra, managing director, Bain Capital Private Equity is another personnel present both on Tata Sons board and in Jamshetji Tata Trust.
Srinivasan was inducted after Darius Khambata, who was additional solicitor general of India and Maharashtra advocate general, resigned on 25 October—a day after the majority of Tata Sons’ directors voted for Cyrus Mistry’s removal as its chairman.