Auto Expo 2018: Hero MotoCorp unveils 200cc premium bike, 125cc scooters
New Delhi: The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp Ltd showcased its Duet and Maestro Edge scooters with 125cc engine capacity, a segment that has grown rapidly in India in the past few quarters on the back of rising incomes and higher purchases by women.
Hero is aggressively foraying into new segments to reshape the brand as more premium, sporty and powerful from its present commuter bike focus, a company spokesperson said.
A part of this expansion is in the premium motorcycle segment, wherein the maker of the Splendor bikes showcased the Xtreme 200R and XPulse 200 motorcycles. Both models will be launched within fiscal 2019.
The adventure concept XPulse was revealed at the EICMA show at Milan in November and received a positive response, the spokesperson said.
- Maharashtra opposition boycotts govt’s tea party on Budget session’s eve
- Donald Trump predicts NRA support for gun limits in plan to come soon
- DRDO successfully carries out test flight of Rustom-2 drone
- Political end to Olympics: North Korea offers talks with US
- Rome’s Colosseum turned red to protest Pakistan blasphemy law