Nestle India Q4 net profit down 8.6% to Rs 167.31 crore
- US won’t resume security aid to Pakistan till it allays concerns on terror safe havens
- China will not cede single inch of land, ready for ‘bloody battle’: Xi Jinping
- 2G spectrum case: CBI moves Delhi HC against acquittal of A. Raja, Kanimozhi
- Faced with Delhi’s pollution, Modi government bought air purifiers
- Railways in talks with youth who protested for jobs: Devendra Fadnavis
New Delhi: FMCG major Nestle India on Wednesday reported a decline of 8.66% in its standalone net profit to Rs167.31 crore for the fourth quarter ended on 31 December 2016.
The company, which follows January-December financial year, had posted a net profit of Rs183.19 crore during the October-December quarter last fiscal. However, net sales of the company during the quarter under review were up 16.17% to Rs2,261.28 crore as against Rs 1,946.44 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal, Nestle said in a BSE filing.
Total expenses during the quarter under review moved up 15.99% to Rs1,927.16 crore as against Rs1,661.45 crore in the year-ago period.
Shares of Nestle India today settled at Rs6,173.60 on BSE, down 0.58% from previous close.