Nestle India Q4 net profit down 8.6% to Rs 167.31 crore
- Gujarat elections: Congress-PAAS deal hits snag, BJP releases 3rd candidate list
- GST rate cut: FMCG firms asked to update MRPs immediately
- Myanmar, Bangladesh to implement plan to end Rohingya crisis: China
- GSF Accelerator to invest $1 million in start-ups
- Moody’s upgrades Vedanta Resources’s CFR to Ba3 from B1
New Delhi: FMCG major Nestle India on Wednesday reported a decline of 8.66% in its standalone net profit to Rs167.31 crore for the fourth quarter ended on 31 December 2016.
The company, which follows January-December financial year, had posted a net profit of Rs183.19 crore during the October-December quarter last fiscal. However, net sales of the company during the quarter under review were up 16.17% to Rs2,261.28 crore as against Rs 1,946.44 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal, Nestle said in a BSE filing.
Total expenses during the quarter under review moved up 15.99% to Rs1,927.16 crore as against Rs1,661.45 crore in the year-ago period.
Shares of Nestle India today settled at Rs6,173.60 on BSE, down 0.58% from previous close.