Kewal Handa named non-executive chairman of Union Bank
Kewal Handa, former Pfizer India MD, has been appointed non-executive chairman and part-time non-official director of Union Bank of India
Latest News »
- Ram Nath Kovind’s Twitter followers: Much ado about nothing
- Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu threatens to shut Al Jazeera Jerusalem office
- Ghatkopar building collapse stirs up fresh BJP-Sena feud
- Market Live: Sensex hits 32,500 in opening trade, Nifty touches record high, Yes Bank jumps 4%
- Donald Trump announces Apple supplier Foxconn opening US factory
New Delhi: State-owned Union Bank of India on Tuesday said Kewal Handa, former managing director of pharma major Pfizer India, has been appointed as its chairman for three years.
Handa has been appointed non-executive chairman and part-time non-official director as per a notification of the finance ministry, the lender said in a BSE filing.
More From Livemint »
He was MD of Pfizer India from 2005-2012 and prior to that had served as executive director - finance in the company.
Handa has worked in domestic and global generic business and has experience in markets like the US, South East Asia, Africa, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, the filing added.