UPL Q2 profit up 43% at Rs238 crore
New Delhi: Agro-chemical major UPL Ltd Monday reported a 43.37% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs238 crore in the second quarter of 2017-18.
UPL Ltd’s net profit stood at Rs166 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a regulatory filing. Total income increased marginally by about 3% to Rs3,846 crore in the September quarter from Rs3,740 crore in the same quarter of 2016-17. Expenses remained slightly lower at Rs3,440 crore as against Rs3,444 crore, in the period under the review.
On Monday, UPL shares fell 0.75%, or Rs6.25, to Rs823.25 while the benchmark Sensex gained 0.33%, or 108.94 points, to end the day at 33,266.16 points.
UPL has nearly 30 manufacturing units in India and abroad and has presence in 124 countries.
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision