UPL Q2 profit up 43% at Rs238 crore
New Delhi: Agro-chemical major UPL Ltd Monday reported a 43.37% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs238 crore in the second quarter of 2017-18.
UPL Ltd’s net profit stood at Rs166 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a regulatory filing. Total income increased marginally by about 3% to Rs3,846 crore in the September quarter from Rs3,740 crore in the same quarter of 2016-17. Expenses remained slightly lower at Rs3,440 crore as against Rs3,444 crore, in the period under the review.
On Monday, UPL shares fell 0.75%, or Rs6.25, to Rs823.25 while the benchmark Sensex gained 0.33%, or 108.94 points, to end the day at 33,266.16 points.
UPL has nearly 30 manufacturing units in India and abroad and has presence in 124 countries.
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar
- Air traffic soars 20.52% in October
- Hike posts 67% slump in FY17 sales