Passenger vehicle sales will grow 9-10% in FY18, says Icra
New Delhi: Domestic passenger vehicle sales will grow by 9-10% during the ongoing fiscal driven by factors like low penetration levels and increasing disposable income, rating agency Icra said on Wednesday. The sales are expected to grow in the range of 9-11% at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) over the next five fiscals.
“Industry’s long-term prospects remain favourable given the low penetration levels and increasing disposable income,” Icra senior group VP, corporate sector ratings, Subrata Ray said.
The overall macro-economic indicators like favourable gross domestic product (GDP) growth, normal monsoon are expected to boost rural income, he added. Besides, the price-cut post goods and services tax (GST) and the low cost of car ownership, due to falling interest rate and subdued fuel prices will provide impetus to the industry, Ray said.
He added that volume growth over the last few quarters is primarily driven by the compact utility vehicles.
“Icra expects the utility vehicle (UV) segment to outperform overall industry growth in the near to medium term given the shift in customer preference towards UVs and influx of new models,” the rating agency said.
- Shinzo Abe eyes fresh term as Japan votes under North Korea threats
- Donald Trump commends former presidents as ‘finest public servants’
- Donald Trump ‘most dangerous’ president ever, says Democratic Party chairman
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level