CBR’s favourite charts of 2016
- Adani Ports Q3 profit up 19.51% at Rs1,001 crore
- Google aims to make artificial intelligence easy to use for companies
- GST rate cut for 29 items and 53 services from 25 January
- South Korea considers shutting down domestic cryptocurrency exchanges
- GST Council discusses making returns filing process simpler
At Chicago Booth Review (CBR), we’re suckers for the stories that numbers can tell. We have a soft spot for hard data, and we have made it our mission to make that data as visually appealing as it is scientifically powerful. In that regard, 2016 has been a banner year: we published more than 80 charts, infographics, tables, and maps over the span of our four print issues, with even more online. They helped us understand everything from how college football success affects academic research to the factors that predict who will become a CEO. And though it’s said the truth isn’t pretty, here are a handful of data visualizations from 2016 that prove facts can be beautiful.