CBR’s favourite charts of 2016
- Jim Mattis to meet Nirmala Sitharaman at ASEAN meet in Philippines
- IEX shares fall 9.09% on stock market debut
- Narendra Modi congratulates Shinzo Abe on re-election
- Mario Draghi seen going for ECB bond-buying limit in QE’s last hurrah
- Market Live: Sensex trims gains, Nifty slips below 10,200, Bharti Airtel shares up 2%
At Chicago Booth Review (CBR), we’re suckers for the stories that numbers can tell. We have a soft spot for hard data, and we have made it our mission to make that data as visually appealing as it is scientifically powerful. In that regard, 2016 has been a banner year: we published more than 80 charts, infographics, tables, and maps over the span of our four print issues, with even more online. They helped us understand everything from how college football success affects academic research to the factors that predict who will become a CEO. And though it’s said the truth isn’t pretty, here are a handful of data visualizations from 2016 that prove facts can be beautiful.