CBR’s favourite charts of 2016
- Isro experimenting with potential structures for moon habitation: Govt
- ATS group to invest Rs2,000 crore on building affordable homes
- Tencent December quarter profit beats estimates as WeChat games drive growth
- No proposal to increase retirement age of central govt employees: Jitendra Singh
- BMW says spending to rise on autonomous, electric technology
At Chicago Booth Review (CBR), we’re suckers for the stories that numbers can tell. We have a soft spot for hard data, and we have made it our mission to make that data as visually appealing as it is scientifically powerful. In that regard, 2016 has been a banner year: we published more than 80 charts, infographics, tables, and maps over the span of our four print issues, with even more online. They helped us understand everything from how college football success affects academic research to the factors that predict who will become a CEO. And though it’s said the truth isn’t pretty, here are a handful of data visualizations from 2016 that prove facts can be beautiful.