Surat airport to be converted into an international one: Jayant Sinha
Latest News »
- Utkal Express accident: Mangled coaches pose tough challenge for track clearance
- Utkal Express derailment: Railways put the death toll in UP train accident at 21
- Utkal Express derailment: Trains on Meerut line cancelled or diverted till 6pm
- Booty Patooti Bootcut Pants
- Rahul Gandhi taking steps to bring opposition parties together: Aiyar
Surat: Civil aviation minister Jayant Sinha on Sunday said Surat will soon be connected to several cities via more flights, and assured that the Surat airport will be soon turned into an international one.
Sinha was in Surat to inaugurate services of SpiceJet Ltd between the city and Delhi. The budget airline will operate two daily Surat-Delhi flights.
“We need to connect Surat airport with many more cities. We will soon add Surat from Patna and Ranchi. Further, we will also add Jaipur, Mumbai and Bengaluru with Surat in coming days,” said the civil aviation minister.
Addressing the gathering, Sinha assured that work on expansion of runway of the Surat airport and terminals will also begin to convert it into an international one. “We will soon expand runway, improve terminals and add many more flights to Surat airport. Airport Authority of India (AAI) will begin expansion of runway...we will soon begin work to make it an international airport,” he said.
He said an international flight to Sharjah or Dubai will also begin from Surat.