Tata Group’s former HR head N.S. Rajan to join IDFC
N.S. Rajan will replace Animesh Kumar, who quit a couple of months ago as the HR head of IDFC Group
Latest News »
- Donald Trump growing frustrated with China, weighs trade steps
- Ready or not, businesses brace for GST rollout
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust said to be affected as cyberattack reaches Asia
- Opening bell: US losses weigh on Asian markets; ABG Shipyard, GCPL, Fortis in news
- Rising costs pose a threat to profit margins of auto component makers
Mumbai: N.S. Rajan, a former Tata Group human resources (HR) head, who resigned from the conglomerate after the rift between Ratan Tata and Cyrus Mistry, is joining IDFC Bank Ltd as group HR head.
“We confirm that Dr. N.S Rajan will be joining IDFC Bank as Group CHRO (chief human resources officer) and Group CMO (chief marketing officer). He will be CEO (chief executive officer) of IDFC Foundation,” an IDFC Bank spokesperson said. When contacted, NS Rajan confirmed the development.
Rajan will replace Animesh Kumar, who quit a month ago as the group HR head of IDFC Bank, a person familiar with the development said on condition of anonymity. A formal announcement is expected in a day or two.
In October last year, Rajan had stepped down as chief of human resources at Tata Group, after Mistry’s ouster as chairman of group holding company Tata Sons Ltd. In the same month, Rajan also resigned as non-executive director of its hospitality arm Indian Hotels Co. Ltd.
Rajan, who joined the Tata Group in May 2013, was one of the members of the group executive council (GEC) set up by Mistry. In October, GEC got disbanded with the ouster of Mistry.