HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri features in Barron’s 30 best CEOs list
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue
Mumbai: HDFC Bank managing director Aditya Puri’s name has featured in the list of world’s 30 best CEOs, published by American financial magazine Barron’s.
“Puri, 66, has transformed HDFC Bank from a start-up into one of the world’s highest-quality banks, generating eye-popping returns by maintaining lending standards while expanding beyond corporate loans into a full-service retail bank,” Barron’s said.
According to the magazine, a 2014 trip to Silicon Valley made Puri a digital evangelist. In hallmark style, the banker swiftly set out to remake India’s second-largest private-sector bank into the digital spot for anything money-related, it said.
“That’s proving to be a bigger competitive advantage than even he imagined, as India’s surprise demonetisation in November, which voided 86% of the country’s cash, catapulted demand for digital payments,” Barron’s said.