HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri features in Barron’s 30 best CEOs list
Aditya Puri has transformed HDFC Bank from a start-up into one of the world’s highest-quality banks, generating eye-popping returns, says ‘Barron’s’
Latest News »
- No plans to make Aadhaar mandatory for air tickets: Govt to MPs
- NCLT reserves order in insolvency case against ABG Shipyard
- BSNL asks internet users to change default password after malware attack
- Very much hope Vishal Sikka will deliver results, says Infosys’ Ravi Venkatesan
- Govt panel mulls whether to make mothers natural guardians
Mumbai: HDFC Bank managing director Aditya Puri’s name has featured in the list of world’s 30 best CEOs, published by American financial magazine Barron’s.
“Puri, 66, has transformed HDFC Bank from a start-up into one of the world’s highest-quality banks, generating eye-popping returns by maintaining lending standards while expanding beyond corporate loans into a full-service retail bank,” Barron’s said.
According to the magazine, a 2014 trip to Silicon Valley made Puri a digital evangelist. In hallmark style, the banker swiftly set out to remake India’s second-largest private-sector bank into the digital spot for anything money-related, it said.
“That’s proving to be a bigger competitive advantage than even he imagined, as India’s surprise demonetisation in November, which voided 86% of the country’s cash, catapulted demand for digital payments,” Barron’s said.