HDFC Q2 consolidated net profit rises 17% to Rs2,869 crore
Mumbai: Mortgage lender Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd (HDFC) on Monday reported a 17.3% increase in its consolidated net profit at Rs2,869.41 crore for the September quarter, compared to Rs2,446.21 crore in the same period last year.
Total income consolidated increased to Rs16,583.10 crore during the reported quarter, from Rs14,526.69 crore in the same period a year earlier, it said in a regulatory filing.
On a standalone basis, HDFC reported a growth of 15% in net profit at Rs2,101.12 crore in the second quarter of 2017-18, from Rs1,826.50 crore in the same period last year. Income standalone also rose to Rs8,760.92 crore, from Rs8,103.15 crore a year earlier.
At 3.01pm, HDFC shares were trading 0.74% up at Rs1710.50 on BSE, while the Sensex rose 0.44% to 33,301.95 points.
- PNB fraud: ICAI obtains statement from senior bank official
- Andhra Pradesh govt signs 77 MoUs worth Rs31,546 crore at Partnership Summit
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky