Jindal Stainless reports Q4 net profit of Rs 161 crore
- US stocks flat, investors await Fed decision on policy rates
- Drug price regulator fixes ceiling price of 39 more drug formulations
- Jimmy Kimmel rips Republican health bill for failing ‘Kimmel test’
- Bihar govt orders probe as canal wall awaiting Nitish inauguration collapses
- UK fund sells Bank of Baroda shares worth Rs1,115 crore
New Delhi: Jindal Stainless Ltd (JSL) on Friday reported Rs161.12 crore net profit for the March quarter of the last fiscal.
It had clocked a net loss of Rs171 crore during the January-March quarter of the previous fiscal, 2015-16, JSL said in a filing to the BSE.
The company’s total income rose by 23.75% to Rs 2,481.41 crore during the fourth quarter of 2016-17 as against Rs 2,005.11 crore in the year-ago period.
The total expenses of the company rose to Rs 2,267.03 crore in the period under review as against Rs 2,199.86 crore in the year-ago period.
For the entire 2016-17, the company posted a profit of Rs 81.57 crore on a consolidated basis. It had posted a net loss of Rs 556.79 crore for 2015-16 fiscal. The JSL stock closed 1.09% up at Rs 78.65 on BSE.