Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt endorse MakeMyTrip
- Opening bell: Asian markets trade mixed; Tata Steel, Infosys, Maruti in news
- The growing importance of the finance sector in the stock market
- Are housing companies such as Unitech too big to fail?
- Smaller firms did badly in September quarter, but it has nothing to do with GST
- The steadily shrinking share of the construction industry
Mumbai: Online travel agency MakeMyTrip Ltd has signed up Bollywood stars Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt to be the company’s new brand ambassadors.
With its target audience getting younger, the company has signed up the duo with the aim of strengthening the brand’s appeal, stature and recall among its audience in tier one towns and cities across the country, especially the youth.
According to industry estimates, actor Ranveer Singh who also endorses brands such as Durex condoms, Quikr.com, Ching’s Secret, Maruti Ciaz and Rupa inner wear, among others, charges close to Rs.1-1.5 crore per day.
Alia Bhatt endorses brands such as Coca Cola India, Havell’s India, Garnier Fructis and Maybelline New York, among others and charges approximately Rs.75 lakh – Rs.1 crore per day.