Alibaba buys online ticketing platform Damai
- Kerala to give sabbatical leave to academics for launching startups
- Gold prices fall by Rs100 on global cues, silver recovers by Rs50
- Spain to grab Catalonia powers as crisis intensifies
- Nasa astronauts fix robotic arm on space station in time to grab next cargo ship
- Typhoon Lan poses a $35 billion threat to Japan in worst case
Shanghai: China’s Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has fully acquired online ticketing platform Damai.cn, the e-commerce giant said on Tuesday, marking a further push into entertainment by the firm.
“Ali announces its acquisition of Damai, part of our big entertainment strategy,” the firm said on its Sina Weibo platform. “This continues an earnest three-year romance.”
In a separate post Damai said it was happy to join the “Alibaba family”. It also reposted a statement from a senior Alibaba executive saying this meant Alibaba now owned 100% of the firm.
Alibaba did not immediately respond to requests for comment.