Alibaba buys online ticketing platform Damai
Alibaba now owns 100% of Damai, an online ticketing platform
Latest News »
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
- Delhi University admissions: High cut-offs, overloaded website play spoilsport
- Expansion plans unaffected by talk of privatization: Air India CMD
- Gaps in dialogue between New Delhi and Beijing lead to ‘innuendo’: Indian envoy
Shanghai: China’s Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has fully acquired online ticketing platform Damai.cn, the e-commerce giant said on Tuesday, marking a further push into entertainment by the firm.
“Ali announces its acquisition of Damai, part of our big entertainment strategy,” the firm said on its Sina Weibo platform. “This continues an earnest three-year romance.”
In a separate post Damai said it was happy to join the “Alibaba family”. It also reposted a statement from a senior Alibaba executive saying this meant Alibaba now owned 100% of the firm.
Alibaba did not immediately respond to requests for comment.