Ronnie Screwvala’s Unilazer Ventures picks up 25% stake in EkStop Shop
Latest News »
- ICEX to launch diamond futures contracts on 28 August
- Prepared militarily, will act if North Korea launches missile: US
- Gold, silver prices extend gains for second day
- Investors flee stocks for bonds, gold as US tax cut hopes fade, worries over Barcelona terror attack
- Vishal Sikka’s exit: In life, as in comedy, timing is everything
In December, Unilazer had invested $6 million in Zivame.com, an Internet portal that sells lingerie. Unilazer’s other investments in the e-commerce space include a technology company Valyoo Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which has brands like online shopping portal lenskart.com.
EkStop.com launched its services across Mumbai city last year and expects to extend its services to Navi Mumbai soon.
The e-grocer has partnered with more than 500 brands to offer over 8,000 products and has in-house logistics and warehousing capabilities.
“This latest investment is in line with the company’s strategic approach towards building e-commerce verticals with potential for exponential growth and scalability,” Unilazer said in a press statement.