Auto Expo 2018: Kia announces India entry with concept SUV SP Concept
New Delhi: Kia Motors India Ltd, a subsidiary of Korean car maker Hyundai Motor Company, announced its entry in the Indian market with a new concept sports utility vehicle (SUV) known as SP Concept.
The South Korean car maker will launch the vehicle in 2019. The company also showcased 16 other products that are available globally; some of them will be introduced in India, going by customer feedback.
“Kia Motors is delighted to enter India which is set to catapult into the world’s fifth largest economy this year. We at KMI are thrilled to start our operations at such a favourable time and additional forecasts predict that India will be one of the largest car markets in a few years,” Kookhun Shim, managing director and chief executive officer, Kia Motors India.
According to Manohar Bhatt, vice-president marketing and sales, Kia Motors India, the company will look at introducing new products in different segments after 2019, starting with an SUV.
The company also showcased its electric vehicles at the auto expo and will develop an electric vehicle for India.
KIA Motors India is in the process of setting up its manufacturing plant in India in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh which is expected to be commissioned by 2019.
- Khalistan: India gives Justin Trudeau list of Sikh separatists in Canada
- AAP MLAs Amanatullah Khan, Prakash Jarwal sent to 14-day judicial custody in assault case
- Apple is said to plan upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Jose Mourinho hails Scott McTominay after leaving out Paul Pogba against Sevilla
- Govt probing how Khalistani terrorist Jaspal Atwal got India visa: MEA