Auto Expo 2014: Maruti shows off Concept Ciaz, SX4 S-Cross
Maruti Suzuki says the models will allow India’s largest car maker to gain a foothold in new segments
Latest News »
- India Inc pay gap: CEOs earn up to 1,200-times of average staff
- Amit Shah, Rajasthan CM lunch with Dalit family in Jaipur
- Hate crime: Muslim woman assaulted, hijab pulled off in London
- Sushma Swaraj to hold talks with Iraqi counterpart on abducted Indians
- Jared Kushner adds $10 million in ‘omitted’ assets to disclosure form
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd unveiled two global models Concept Ciaz and SX4 S-Cross on the first day of the Auto Expo 2014.
The models will allow India’s largest car maker to gain a foothold in new segments.
The cross-over vehicle will address the C segment, which includes sedans, Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director and chief executive, told reporters. The cars will also be sold in China.
Ayukawa also gave an update on the company’s upcoming Rohtak factory in Haryana, which will be complete by 2016. “It would be the most advanced facility in Asia,” said Ayukawa.
Referring to the protracted slowdown in the car market, he said, “In this scenario our effort has been to achieve the same growth as last year.”
India’s passenger vehicle market dropped 5.7% to 1.8 millon units between April to December, according to industry lobby Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.