Auto Expo 2014: Maruti shows off Concept Ciaz, SX4 S-Cross
- Lokpal appointment: Meeting convened with PM, CJI and others, Centre tells SC
- Consumers pay for differentiated content, says Hotstar’s Ajit Mohan
- Auditor group ICAI, PwC to probe into Rs11,400 crore PNB fraud
- Sun Microsystems co-founder Vinod Khosla takes fight over California beach to SCOTUS
- Intel did not tell US cyber officials about chip flaws until made public
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd unveiled two global models Concept Ciaz and SX4 S-Cross on the first day of the Auto Expo 2014.
The models will allow India’s largest car maker to gain a foothold in new segments.
The cross-over vehicle will address the C segment, which includes sedans, Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director and chief executive, told reporters. The cars will also be sold in China.
Ayukawa also gave an update on the company’s upcoming Rohtak factory in Haryana, which will be complete by 2016. “It would be the most advanced facility in Asia,” said Ayukawa.
Referring to the protracted slowdown in the car market, he said, “In this scenario our effort has been to achieve the same growth as last year.”
India’s passenger vehicle market dropped 5.7% to 1.8 millon units between April to December, according to industry lobby Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.