Auto Expo 2014: Maruti shows off Concept Ciaz, SX4 S-Cross
- Indian firms should focus on domestic market for long-term growth, say top executives
- IT firms carve out separate units to tap into AI, automation
- Trai suggests easing caps on spectrum holding
- Kishore Biyani unveils plan to make Future Group a trillion-dollar-revenue group by 2047
- Axis Asset Management looks to raise pre-IPO fund of Rs750-1,000 crore
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd unveiled two global models Concept Ciaz and SX4 S-Cross on the first day of the Auto Expo 2014.
The models will allow India’s largest car maker to gain a foothold in new segments.
The cross-over vehicle will address the C segment, which includes sedans, Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director and chief executive, told reporters. The cars will also be sold in China.
Ayukawa also gave an update on the company’s upcoming Rohtak factory in Haryana, which will be complete by 2016. “It would be the most advanced facility in Asia,” said Ayukawa.
Referring to the protracted slowdown in the car market, he said, “In this scenario our effort has been to achieve the same growth as last year.”
India’s passenger vehicle market dropped 5.7% to 1.8 millon units between April to December, according to industry lobby Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.