Auto Expo 2014: Maruti shows off Concept Ciaz, SX4 S-Cross
- Rohingyas are illegal immigrants, not refugees: Rajnath Singh
- Sensex, Nifty fall nearly 1% post Fed meet, pharma stocks rally
- We’re now competing with Hollywood filmmakers, says Amit V. Masurkar
- Divisive forces ruining India’s reputation globally: Rahul Gandhi
- NCLAT allows waiver plea of Cyrus Mistry firms
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd unveiled two global models Concept Ciaz and SX4 S-Cross on the first day of the Auto Expo 2014.
The models will allow India’s largest car maker to gain a foothold in new segments.
The cross-over vehicle will address the C segment, which includes sedans, Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director and chief executive, told reporters. The cars will also be sold in China.
Ayukawa also gave an update on the company’s upcoming Rohtak factory in Haryana, which will be complete by 2016. “It would be the most advanced facility in Asia,” said Ayukawa.
Referring to the protracted slowdown in the car market, he said, “In this scenario our effort has been to achieve the same growth as last year.”
India’s passenger vehicle market dropped 5.7% to 1.8 millon units between April to December, according to industry lobby Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.