Federal Bank Q1 net profit rises 26% to Rs210 crore
Bengaluru: Federal Bank Ltd posted a 26% rise in first-quarter net profit, but lagged estimates as provisions for bad loans rose.
Net profit rose to Rs210 crore for the quarter ended 30 June, from Rs167 crore a year earlier, the mid-sized private sector lender said on Wednesday.
Analysts on average had expected a net profit of Rs251 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Gross bad loans as a percentage of total loans rose to 2.42% at end-June, compared with 2.33% at March-end.
Shares in Federal Bank were trading 3.2% lower after the results in a Mumbai market that gained 0.36%. Reuters
- Kahalistani terrorist not part of Trudeau delegation, shouldn’t have been invited to dinner: Canada
- Kia Motors to hire 3,000 employees for its upcoming plant in Andhra Pradesh
- Gold prices plunge by Rs100 on lacklustre demand
- Manohar Parrikar arrives in Goa, presents state budget
- China downplays report of upgrading air defences along India border