CESC net profit in June quarter flat at Rs174 crore
- Judges row: Supreme Court to soon make public work allocation system
- Saudi energy minister urges oil producers to extend cooperation beyond 2018
- Call drops issue telco-specific, can’t be generalised: COAI
- President’s order disqualifying MLAs ‘unconstitutional’, ‘dangerous for democracy’: AAP
- Declutter: keep what gives you joy, discard the rest
Power utility CESC Ltd on Wednesday announced a net profit of Rs174 crore in the quarter ended June, almost unchanged from a year ago, as an increase in costs offset 11.6% year-on-year gains in revenue.
The company reported total revenue of Rs1,912 crore, as against Rs1,713 crore in the same quarter a year ago. The biggest jump in costs came from power purchased from other producers—from Rs502 crore a year ago, it shot up to Rs684 crore in the June quarter.
CESC’s shares rose 2.66% to Rs655.10 apiece on BSE in a flat market.