CESC net profit in June quarter flat at Rs174 crore
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Taliban militants attack Afghan army post in Farah killing 18 soldiers
- Arun Jaitley slams regulators, auditors for Rs11,400 crore PNB fraud
- New H1B visa policy will protect workers, prevent any fraud: USCIS
- IndiGo to shift part of its operations from IGI’s T-1 to T-2 after SC order
Power utility CESC Ltd on Wednesday announced a net profit of Rs174 crore in the quarter ended June, almost unchanged from a year ago, as an increase in costs offset 11.6% year-on-year gains in revenue.
The company reported total revenue of Rs1,912 crore, as against Rs1,713 crore in the same quarter a year ago. The biggest jump in costs came from power purchased from other producers—from Rs502 crore a year ago, it shot up to Rs684 crore in the June quarter.
CESC’s shares rose 2.66% to Rs655.10 apiece on BSE in a flat market.