CESC net profit in June quarter flat at Rs174 crore
Revenue rises to Rs1,912 crore from Rs1,713 crore a year earlier, but increased costs offset gains
Latest News »
- Inflation to rise to 4.4% in second half of 2017: Nomura report
- India’s 1st individual Olympic medal up for auction for funds
- Air India plans new menu with variety of wines, mocktails for premium passengers
- US is said to review allegations German carmakers colluded
- S&P hits record, Alphabet weighs on Nasdaq
Power utility CESC Ltd on Wednesday announced a net profit of Rs174 crore in the quarter ended June, almost unchanged from a year ago, as an increase in costs offset 11.6% year-on-year gains in revenue.
The company reported total revenue of Rs1,912 crore, as against Rs1,713 crore in the same quarter a year ago. The biggest jump in costs came from power purchased from other producers—from Rs502 crore a year ago, it shot up to Rs684 crore in the June quarter.
CESC’s shares rose 2.66% to Rs655.10 apiece on BSE in a flat market.