CESC net profit in June quarter flat at Rs174 crore
- New Delhi, Beijing agree maintaining peace vital for growth of bilateral ties
- Govt forms panel to review insolvency and bankruptcy code
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar
Power utility CESC Ltd on Wednesday announced a net profit of Rs174 crore in the quarter ended June, almost unchanged from a year ago, as an increase in costs offset 11.6% year-on-year gains in revenue.
The company reported total revenue of Rs1,912 crore, as against Rs1,713 crore in the same quarter a year ago. The biggest jump in costs came from power purchased from other producers—from Rs502 crore a year ago, it shot up to Rs684 crore in the June quarter.
CESC’s shares rose 2.66% to Rs655.10 apiece on BSE in a flat market.