Fox settles sexual harassment suit for $20 million on Roger Ailes’ behalf: Report
Latest News »
- Narayana Murthy’s shadow to loom large over search for Infosys CEO
- Google’s new system shows watermarks can’t protect your photos
- Sebi to chart out long term cyber security plans for markets
- Pakistan grants nationality to 298 Indians in 5 years: ministry
- Global cues, Infosys turmoil to dictate market trend: experts
New York: Fox News has reached a $20 million settlement of former anchor Gretchen Carlson’s sexual harassment lawsuit against the network’s former chief Roger Ailes, Vanity Fair said on Tuesday, citing three people familiar with the settlement.
Fox News parent 21st Century Fox Inc confirmed the settlement but did not announce the terms and offered Carlson a public apology.
“We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve,” the media company said in a statement.
It is unclear how much Ailes himself might pay but Fox News, part of 21st Century Fox, essentially insures Ailes against any settlement, the magazine said, citing two people familiar with the arrangement.
Carlson has voluntarily dismissed her federal lawsuit in New Jersey against Ailes, a court filing shows. Reuters