Fox settles sexual harassment suit for $20 million on Roger Ailes’ behalf: Report
It is unclear how much Roger Ailes himself might pay but Fox News, part of 21st Century Fox, essentially insures Ailes against any settlement
Latest News »
- SP leader Uma Shankar Chaudhary dies after falling ill during meeting
- Amtek Auto Q1 loss widens to Rs889 crore
- Ram temple should be constructed in legal manner: Amit Shah
- BCCI appoints Hemang Amin as chief operating officer of IPL
- Mehbooba Mufti dismisses Farooq Abdullah’s statement on third party mediation
New York: Fox News has reached a $20 million settlement of former anchor Gretchen Carlson’s sexual harassment lawsuit against the network’s former chief Roger Ailes, Vanity Fair said on Tuesday, citing three people familiar with the settlement.
Fox News parent 21st Century Fox Inc confirmed the settlement but did not announce the terms and offered Carlson a public apology.
“We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve,” the media company said in a statement.
It is unclear how much Ailes himself might pay but Fox News, part of 21st Century Fox, essentially insures Ailes against any settlement, the magazine said, citing two people familiar with the arrangement.
Carlson has voluntarily dismissed her federal lawsuit in New Jersey against Ailes, a court filing shows. Reuters