Telecom, technology and BFSI push India M&A activity to over $50 billion in 2017
In 2017, India’s M&A activity reached the second highest annual deal value since 2001, according to deals tracker Mergermarket, with 379 deals worth $54.7 billion. This is only slightly less than the peak registered in 2016, which saw 421 deals worth $59.7 billion. This time, telecommunications, technology and financial service were the top sectors in terms of deal value.
- Market Live: Sensex rises over 100 points, Nifty above 10,500, metal stocks shine
- Rupee gains against US dollar in opening trade
- Airtel joins global alliance to bring high-speed in-flight data connectivity to smartphone users
- How the Samsung Galaxy S9 compares to the iPhone X
- US says ‘we will see’ as North Korea’s Kim Jong Un hints at talks