Maruti Suzuki Alto crosses 35 lakh cumulative sales mark
New Delhi: Country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSI) on Monday said its highest selling model Alto has crossed the 35 lakh cumulative sales milestone.
Brand Alto has clocked a growth rate of 6% in 2017-18, MSI said in a statement, adding that it has garnered a market share of 33% in the ongoing fiscal.
The Alto has been the highest selling car in the domestic market for the past fourteen years, it said. “In 2017-18, nearly 55% of customers have selected Alto as their first car purchase. Interestingly, 25% of Alto buyers are buying it as an additional car,” MSI senior executive director (marketing & sales) R.S. Kalsi said.
Nearly 44% of Alto sales contribution comes from young customers less than 35 years of age. This contribution has grown 4% in the past three years, the company said. Kalsi said since 2006, Alto is adding 5 lakh new customers every two years.
In 2008, it clocked 10 lakh unit sales and in 2010, it touched 15 lakh units, he added.
- SaaS startup CustomerSuccessBox raises $1 million from pi Ventures and Axilor
- Blockchain startups in India shift to overseas markets to raise ICOs
- Sony India appoints Sunil Nayyar as managing director
- IITs should be among top hundred global institutions: Satya Pal Singh
- SC dismisses plea challenging Nitish Kumar’s membership to Bihar legislative council