GE buys cloud-based software firm ServiceMax for $915 million
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level
- Army has to remain prepared to counter Doklam-like situation: Bipin Rawat
- Put mandatory Aadhaar linking with bank accounts on hold: Bank union AIBOC
- India beat Pakistan 4-0 to enter Asia Cup final
Bengaluru: General Electric Co. (GE) said its software unit bought ServiceMax, a cloud-based provider of software used in inventory and workforce management, for $915 million.
GE said the acquisition was part of GE Digital’s strategy to advance its “Industrial Internet” vision.
GE wants to connect machines using the internet, producing data that can improve productivity, reduce emissions and lower fuel costs. Reuters