GE buys cloud-based software firm ServiceMax for $915 million
Latest News »
- 12-year-old boy dies of dengue, first fatality in Delhi: MCD
- First set of GST tax deposits nets govt Rs42,000 crore
- Essar Oil CEO resigns as Rosneft rejigs board on $13 billion takeover
- ISRO chief Kiran Kumar says looking at consortium for PSLVs
- Arun Jaitley to meet CMs to firm up NITI Aayog’s 3-year action agenda
Bengaluru: General Electric Co. (GE) said its software unit bought ServiceMax, a cloud-based provider of software used in inventory and workforce management, for $915 million.
GE said the acquisition was part of GE Digital’s strategy to advance its “Industrial Internet” vision.
GE wants to connect machines using the internet, producing data that can improve productivity, reduce emissions and lower fuel costs. Reuters