Sail reports 10th straight quarterly loss
Bengaluru: Steel Authority of India Ltd posted a narrower second-quarter loss on Thursday, the tenth straight loss in a row.
Net loss came in at Rs539 crore ($82.96 million) in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with a loss of Rs732 crore in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average had expected the state-run company to post a loss of Rs273 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Quarterly revenue from operations was up about 8% at Rs13,617 crore, while total expenses rose 2.7% to Rs14,109 crore. Reuters
- The confusion over rural electrification in India
- One year on, it’s finally all about the ‘software’, Chandra
- N. Chandrasekaran set to focus on new businesses in smart mobility, cities
- N. Chandrasekaran completes one year as Tata Sons chairman, stabilizes group
- Banks vulnerable to hackers without online interface between CBS, SWIFT