Hero may launch India’s first ‘electric bike’
Latest News »
- Power Grid inks $500 million loan pact with Asian Development Bank
- RBI identifies 40 more large loan defaulter accounts for clean-up
- Rajkummar Rao, our man on screen
- Govt threatens Philip Morris with ‘punitive action’ over alleged violations
- Rajasthan govt to raise OBC quota, mulling 5% reservation to Gujjars
New Delhi: India’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp Ltd is likely to launch India’s first electric motorcycle, a concept of which will be unveiled during the Delhi Auto Expo, starting 5 February, two people familiar with the development told Mint.
Code named “SimplEcity, the bike works on electric power from batteries....and essentially designed for use within cities”, said one of the persons familiar with the development
Though the bike, from it looks, appears to be a bicycle but the company sources insisted that it is an electric motorcycle.
A company spokesperson, however, declined to comment on future product portfolio.
The bike has removable lightweight battery pack integrated with the seat that can be carried indoor for recharging. A smartphone when docked on the handlebar becomes the dashboard through an app.