Hero may launch India’s first ‘electric bike’
- Vijay Diwas: Nirmala Sitharaman, armed forces pay tributes to heroes of 1971 war
- Billionaire founder of Canada drug firm in ‘suspicious’ death
- Novel cancer drug gets stymied by Medicare rigid billing system
- PM Modi to visit cyclone-hit areas in Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu
- Narendra Modi taking India back to medieval past: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: India’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp Ltd is likely to launch India’s first electric motorcycle, a concept of which will be unveiled during the Delhi Auto Expo, starting 5 February, two people familiar with the development told Mint.
Code named “SimplEcity, the bike works on electric power from batteries....and essentially designed for use within cities”, said one of the persons familiar with the development
Though the bike, from it looks, appears to be a bicycle but the company sources insisted that it is an electric motorcycle.
A company spokesperson, however, declined to comment on future product portfolio.
The bike has removable lightweight battery pack integrated with the seat that can be carried indoor for recharging. A smartphone when docked on the handlebar becomes the dashboard through an app.