Former CX Partners MD Shishir Jain joins Srei Infrastructure Finance
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats
Mumbai: Shishir Jain, a former managing director at domestic mid-market private equity (PE) fund CX Partners, has joined Srei Infrastructure Finance Ltd as head (corporate loans).
At Srei, Jain will be responsible for spearheading the corporate loan business, which will cover managing relationships with corporate groups and assisting them with their funding requirements, according to Srei Infra management.
Jain had quit CX Partners last month as the PE fund, had wound up its mezzanine debt fund called CX Intermediate Capital Fund, which was headed by Jain. CX had hired Jain in 2011 from JPMorgan Chase, where he was an executive director and head, India (principal investment management).
A spokesperson with Srei confirmed that Shishir Jain has joined Srei Infrastructure Finance Ltd (SIFL) from CX Partners. “Shishir will be spearheading our corporate loans business. He brings considerable experience and skills that complement SIFL’s businesses and his joining the team strengthens the leadership bench strength at SIFL,” said Sameer Sawhney, chief executive officer, SIFL.
Repeated calls and text messages to Jain did not elicit any response.