Hitachi appoints Bharat Kaushal as MD of India operations
- Himachal election results 2017 LIVE: Counting of votes begins 8 am in 42 centres
- Gujarat election results 2017 LIVE: BJP and Congress fate on the line, counting of votes begins at 8 am
- For whom the bell tolls in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh
- Gujarat elections: EC withdraws notice to Rahul Gandhi over TV interviews
- Andhra Pradesh: Chandrababu Naidu unveils schemes named after himself
New Delhi: Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd has named Bharat Kaushal as its managing director.
Kaushal will be the first Indian to spearhead Hitachi’s India operations. He succeeds Kojin Nakakita who will now become chairman of Hitachi India and Hitachi Asia Ltd.
The appointment will be effective 1 June, the company said.
Kaushal is currently serving as chairman in India of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC). He is the first non-Japanese to be appointed as SMBC India’s CEO and held the position between 2012 and 2015.
“Of my 25 years’ working career, I have been with Japanese institutions for 20 years,” Kaushal told Mint in a phone interview. “Hitachi has got 31 different businesses and I think it is an interesting reinvention for me. I must grow the economic engagement of Hitachi, especially in areas such as infrastructure, digital, IoT and manufacturing,” he added.