Tata Power Q1 profit more than doubles
Tata Power Co. Ltd’s first-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by higher income from its core power generation business.
Profit came in at Rs1.64 billion ($25.6 million) in the quarter ended 30 June, compared with a profit of Rs724.9 million a year earlier, the company said on Monday.
Income from its power business grew about 6% to Rs10.01 billion for the quarter.
Shares of the company were trading 5.5% higher after the results. Reuters
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats