Gillette India Q3 profit up 54% to Rs106 crore
- Dear bitcoin fans, digital currency is still a dream
- Hong Kong-bound flight saw North Korean ICBM, says Rex Tillerson
- Kamal Haasan to announce political party’s name on 21 February
- What higher truck sales and weak rentals say about the economy
- Bitcoin plunge extends to 25% as fear of crypto crackdown linger
New Delhi: FMCG major Gillette India Ltd on Saturday reported a 53.83% rise in its net profit at Rs105.82 crore for the third quarter ended 31 March.
The company, which follows the July-June financial year, had posted a net profit of Rs68.79 crore during the same period last fiscal, Gillette India said in a statement. Total income from operations was up 15.86% at Rs542.98 during the quarter against Rs468.64 crore in the year-ago period.
Gillette has benefited from portfolio optimisation, even as it continues to focus on productivity and cost efficiency, the company said. Its total expenses during the period were also up 6.52% at Rs385.45 crore as compared to Rs361.84 crore in the year-ago period. The company has also declared an interim dividend of Rs154 per equity share.