Gillette India Q3 profit up 54% to Rs106 crore
- Defection of MNS corporators to Shiv Sena shakes up Maharashtra’s politics
- SC cracker ban brought respite, but a lot needs to be done
- Can blockchain technology be an answer to India’s land governance woes?
- Can see bright Samvat 2074 ahead: Ramesh Damani
- Mutual funds trim metals, retail holdings, tank up on financial stocks in September
New Delhi: FMCG major Gillette India Ltd on Saturday reported a 53.83% rise in its net profit at Rs105.82 crore for the third quarter ended 31 March.
The company, which follows the July-June financial year, had posted a net profit of Rs68.79 crore during the same period last fiscal, Gillette India said in a statement. Total income from operations was up 15.86% at Rs542.98 during the quarter against Rs468.64 crore in the year-ago period.
Gillette has benefited from portfolio optimisation, even as it continues to focus on productivity and cost efficiency, the company said. Its total expenses during the period were also up 6.52% at Rs385.45 crore as compared to Rs361.84 crore in the year-ago period. The company has also declared an interim dividend of Rs154 per equity share.