Sun Pharma recalls 13,000 bottles of chewable Cetirizine in US
- President of India’s salary is less than that of cabinet secretary
- BJP adopting mean ways to win Gujarat elections: Raj Thackeray
- RJD not to contest Gujarat elections, to support Congress: Lalu Prasad
- Manushi Chhillar’s Miss World win draws India level with Venezuela with 6 titles
- NSE SME to touch 100 mark, 50 IPOs likely in next 6 months
New Delhi: The US arm of domestic drug major Sun Pharma is recalling over 13,000 bottles of antihistamine, Children’s Cetirizine Hydrochloride chewable tablets, from the American market for failed specifications.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc is recalling 13,200 bottles of the tablets in the strength of 5 mg made at Halol plant, US FDA said in its latest Enforcement Report. The ongoing class III recall is nationwide in the USA and Puerto Rico, report added.
The reason for the recall is “failed tablet/capsule specifications: out of specification results for increased tablet hardness”, United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) said.
As per the US health regulator, a class III recall is initiated in a situation, “in which use of or exposure to a violative product is not likely to cause adverse health consequences”.