Twitter buys little known start-up to gain new head of product in Keith Coleman
- Sebi wants bourses to charge higher for illiquid stocks
- Rahul Gandhi says India feeling tired, directionless, only Congress can take it forward
- Bengaluru, India’s Silicon Valley, faces man-made water crisis
- Daler Mehndi sentenced to 2 years jail in human trafficking case, gets bail
- Xi Jinping re-elected as China’s president, loyalist Wang Qishan vice president
San Francisco: Twitter Inc. is hiring Keith Coleman, who has a decade of experience at Alphabet Inc.’s Google, to oversee products, filling a position that’s been empty since January.
Twitter bought Coleman’s little-known startup—Yes Inc—as part of the deal. The company’s apps, designed to help people meet up, will be closed. At Google, Coleman led product for Gmail and related services, according to his LinkedIn profile. On Monday, he will start as Twitter’s sixth head of product in as many years. The San Francisco-based social media company has cycled through leaders in the role while struggling to grow its audience.
Coleman will report to Adam Messinger, chief technology officer, Twitter said. Bloomberg