Twitter buys little known start-up to gain new head of product in Keith Coleman
Latest News »
- 12-year-old boy dies of dengue, first fatality in Delhi: MCD
- First set of GST tax deposits nets govt Rs42,000 crore
- Essar Oil CEO resigns as Rosneft rejigs board on $13 billion takeover
- ISRO chief Kiran Kumar says looking at consortium for PSLVs
- Arun Jaitley to meet CMs to firm up NITI Aayog’s 3-year action agenda
San Francisco: Twitter Inc. is hiring Keith Coleman, who has a decade of experience at Alphabet Inc.’s Google, to oversee products, filling a position that’s been empty since January.
Twitter bought Coleman’s little-known startup—Yes Inc—as part of the deal. The company’s apps, designed to help people meet up, will be closed. At Google, Coleman led product for Gmail and related services, according to his LinkedIn profile. On Monday, he will start as Twitter’s sixth head of product in as many years. The San Francisco-based social media company has cycled through leaders in the role while struggling to grow its audience.
Coleman will report to Adam Messinger, chief technology officer, Twitter said. Bloomberg