×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Indian cos to display products at Engineering expo in Malaysia

Indian cos to display products at Engineering expo in Malaysia
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, Sep 24 2008. 12 19 PM IST
Updated: Wed, Sep 24 2008. 12 19 PM IST
By PTI
Kuala Lumpur: Over 150 companies will showcase their products at an exclusive Indian Engineering exhibition, touted to be the largest ever in the Asean region, providing platform for firms from both India and Malaysia to network and trade in this sector.
At least 169 Indian companies will be in the spotlight at the three-day trade exhibition beginning tomorrow, including IRCON and other small and medium enterprises who have created a niche for themselves in specialised engineering items sector.
“Indian engineering sector has only a 3% presence in the Malaysian economy and we want to pinch the remaining 97% too,” Rakesh Shah, chief of the Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC), which is organizing the exhibition, told reporters here today.
The exhibition, he said, is being held at a time when India is on the verge of signing the India-Asean Free Trade Agreement later this year in Bangkok.
During the three-day display, EEPC will sign eight MoUs with partner associations to formalise various methods of exchange of business and commercial information benefiting the engineering community of both the countries.
EEPC will also organize seminars during the show on issues like doing business in Malaysia, vast investment opportunities in the country for Indian entrepreneurs and vice versa.
The exhibition will be inaugurated by International Trade minister Muhyiddin Yassin. With 169 companies attending the show, the exhibition is by far the biggest ever by India in this sector.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, Sep 24 2008. 12 19 PM IST
More Topics: Malaysia | India | engineering | exhibition | EEPC |