1. This Chennai-based portal launched in 1999 was the first Indian website meant exclusively for women. Which?
2. Which website advertises itself as “your guide to the financial jungle”?
3. This website was started in 1997 by amateur military enthusiasts. It comprises information, a discussion board and multimedia about Indian defence services. Which website?
Sports footwear brands
4. Which brand gets its name from the animal shown here?
5. The name of this Italian brand launched in 1973 literally translates to “lottery”. Which?
6. This company was founded in 1906 by William Riley in Boston as the _________ Arch Support company, to manufacture arch supports to improve the fit of shoes. Which company?
Ads for Absolut vodka
7. The ad shown caused a lot of controversy in the US. Why?
8. This ad is a part of the Absolut cities of Asia series of Absolut ads. Which city and tourist destination is depicted here?
9. This ad commemorates a historical incident of 1773. Which incident? (hint: what you see are crates floating on the surface of water)
The answers to this week’s quiz will be carried next week.
Answers to the Mint Quiz 42, which appeared last week.
1. Deep Thought.
2. Snow white and the seven dwarfs.
3. Apple. Think Different.
6. Cable and Wireless.
7. Edward de Bono. His business card reads “onward, forward, upward, Edward de Bono”.
8. C.K. Prahalad.
9. Peter Drucker.
The winner of a hidesign gift voucher:Hinda Praveen
Prepared exclusively for Mint by Shamanth Rao. Write to us at email@example.com