Glenmark gets USFDA nod for skin ointment
- Colgate Palmolive to pay Rs4 per share as dividend
- Russia, India, China resolve to step up counter-terror cooperation
- Farm loan waiver gets thumbs down from former central bankers
- Vladimir Putin orders ‘significant part’ of Russian forces in Syria to withdraw
- Apple, India wrangle over import tax on mobile parts for iPhone
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA has received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment, used for treatment of various skin conditions. “Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA has been granted final approval by the USFDA for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment USP, 0.05%,” the company said in a BSE filing.
The approved product is a generic version of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc’s Temovate Ointment, 0.05%. As per IMS Health sales data for the 12-month period ended January 2017, the Temovate Ointment, 0.05% market achieved annual sales of approximately $175.3 million, it added.
Glenmark’s current portfolio consists of 113 products authorised for distribution in the US marketplace and approximately 64 ANDA’s pending approval with the USFDA.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 0.56% higher at Rs885.30 on the BSE.