Glenmark gets USFDA nod for skin ointment
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA has received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment, used for treatment of various skin conditions. “Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA has been granted final approval by the USFDA for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment USP, 0.05%,” the company said in a BSE filing.
The approved product is a generic version of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc’s Temovate Ointment, 0.05%. As per IMS Health sales data for the 12-month period ended January 2017, the Temovate Ointment, 0.05% market achieved annual sales of approximately $175.3 million, it added.
Glenmark’s current portfolio consists of 113 products authorised for distribution in the US marketplace and approximately 64 ANDA’s pending approval with the USFDA.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 0.56% higher at Rs885.30 on the BSE.