Glenmark gets USFDA nod for skin ointment
- Tripura assembly elections: Voting underway amid tight security
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA has received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment, used for treatment of various skin conditions. “Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA has been granted final approval by the USFDA for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment USP, 0.05%,” the company said in a BSE filing.
The approved product is a generic version of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc’s Temovate Ointment, 0.05%. As per IMS Health sales data for the 12-month period ended January 2017, the Temovate Ointment, 0.05% market achieved annual sales of approximately $175.3 million, it added.
Glenmark’s current portfolio consists of 113 products authorised for distribution in the US marketplace and approximately 64 ANDA’s pending approval with the USFDA.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 0.56% higher at Rs885.30 on the BSE.