Notion Press raises $1 million from HNIs
- Income inequality in India worsens, but slower than Russia and China: report
- Stocks of capital market-linked firms more than double on vibrant equity market
- Deals Buzz: KKR scouts buyers for 49% stake in producer of ‘Bigg Boss’ show
- BPL Vivid TV review: A TV that does not bother about the future’s uncertainties
- Donald Trump promises giant tax cut as ‘Christmas gift’ to Americans
New Delhi: Notion Press Media Pvt. Ltd, a website that provides authors to self-publish and sell books online, raised $1 million in pre-series A round of funding from high net worth individuals (HNIs)—Nat Loganathan and Vikaram Chesetty, the company said in a statement on Monday.
“We will be intensifying our coverage across India and fuel our operations internationally as well with these funds.”, said Naveen Valsakumar, co-founder and chief executive officer, Notion Press.
Notion Press was founded in 2012 by Valsakumar, Bhargava Adepalley and Jana Pillay in 2012. Since then, more than 2,000 authors have published and sold books in over 100 countries, the company said in a statement.
The Chennai-based company, in addition to publishing, also offers book printing, distribution, marketing and data tools that enable authors and publishers to take business decisions.
The company targets to develop technology that is scalable and suitable for international markets. “We (Notion Press) are launching our US operations in the middle of September and would be launching in three other countries by end of this financial year.”, said Valsakumar.
The company is focusing on developing technology to automate publishing and distribution and also offer its services in more Indian languages.