Piramal, Navin Fluorine forms JV to manufacture fluorochemicals
- Gold prices soften on muted demand, silver steady
- Gujarat elections: CM Vijay Rupani says results show people’s faith in agenda of development
- GSTN brings in option for monthly, quarterly filing of forms
- Gujarat election results: BJP continues to draw urban votes, rural seats go to Congress
- Bill to extend proxy voting to overseas Indians in Lok Sabha
Mumbai: Piramal Enterprises Ltd, the pharma-to-financial services group, and Navin Fluorine International Ltd, an Arvind Mafatlal group company, jointly said on Wednesday that they have agreed to form a joint venture company to develop, manufacture and sell specialty fluorochemicals with specific focus on applications in healthcare.
The joint venture in which Piramal will hold 51% stake, leverages Navin Fluorine's fluorochemicals capabilities and Piramal’s strong presence in healthcare. With the increasing importance of fluorine in life sciences, there is a considerable potential to exploit synergies between the two companies, the companies said in a note.
In the first phase of development, the joint venture company is expected to invest around Rs120 crore in India.