McLeod Russel India profit rises 13.4% to Rs132 crore
- Speeding up plans to cut emissions may save 153 million lives, says study
- Can hashgraph unseat blockchain as the favoured tech for cryptocurrencies?
- FDA-like agency needed for agriculture: commerce ministry
- Raju Shetti offers support to Congress over farmers’ issues
- Pharma firms under scanner for selling drugs without safety trials
Kolkata: The world’s largest tea producer McLeod Russel India Ltd on Tuesday said its net profit in the September quarter had grown 13.4% year-on-year to Rs132 crore from Rs116.44 crore in the corresponding period last year, on the back of an exceptional income of Rs29.15 crore.
The company’s revenue fell 13.3% from the previous year to Rs442.92 crore because of depressed prices.