Cipla names Ireena Vittal as independent director
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- 9 killed in fire at plastic factory in Delhi’s Bawana
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
- CBI registers Rs80-crore bank fraud case against Punjab National Bank officials
Bengaluru: Drug maker Cipla Ltd Tuesday named Ireena Vittal as an independent director on its board, effective 1 December.
Vittal is a former partner with consulting firm McKinsey & Co. Before joining McKinsey, Vittal had worked with Nestle and MaxTouch (now Vodafone).
Her areas of specialization include emerging markets, agriculture and urban development.
“Cipla is in the midst of preparing itself for an exciting future and her background of both business and advisory will be very useful to the Company,” Y.K. Hamied, non-executive chairman, Cipla, said in a statement.
Vittal is also a board member of Wipro Ltd, AXIS Bank Limited, Titan Industries Limited, Tata Global Beverages Limited, Godrej Consumer Products Limited and The Indian Hotels Company Limited and is on the global advisory board of ideo.org.