Cipla names Ireena Vittal as independent director
- Shinzo Abe placed to lead Japan through 2021 after big election win
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Havells India, Hindustan Zinc earnings today
- Reliance Jio’s tariff hike suggests worst may be over for telcos
- Oberoi Realty scales fresh peak despite RERA tremors
- Why Indian markets are lagging behind emerging market peers
Bengaluru: Drug maker Cipla Ltd Tuesday named Ireena Vittal as an independent director on its board, effective 1 December.
Vittal is a former partner with consulting firm McKinsey & Co. Before joining McKinsey, Vittal had worked with Nestle and MaxTouch (now Vodafone).
Her areas of specialization include emerging markets, agriculture and urban development.
“Cipla is in the midst of preparing itself for an exciting future and her background of both business and advisory will be very useful to the Company,” Y.K. Hamied, non-executive chairman, Cipla, said in a statement.
Vittal is also a board member of Wipro Ltd, AXIS Bank Limited, Titan Industries Limited, Tata Global Beverages Limited, Godrej Consumer Products Limited and The Indian Hotels Company Limited and is on the global advisory board of ideo.org.