Hindustan Petroleum Q2 profit rises to Rs1,735 crore, misses estimates
Bengaluru: State-owned oil refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd’s second-quarter net profit more than doubled, but fell short of analysts’ estimates.
Net profit for the three months ending 30 September soared to Rs1,735 crore ($267 million) from Rs701 crore a year earlier, the company said in a filing on Thursday.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs2,058 crore, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon data.
Average gross refining margin, the profit earned on each barrel of crude processed, advanced to $6.75 per barrel for the half year ended 30 September, from $5.12 per barrel in the same period last year.
Sales grew 13% to Rs54,153 crore in the quarter. Reuters
- Net FPI inflow in Indian stocks at $2 billion in November so far
- India up one place on Per Capita GDP terms to 126, Qatar No 1: IMF report
- Gujarat elections: BJP banks on Hardik Patel-Congress deadlock to corner Patel votes
- IRP approval must for recovering money from defaulter’s bank account: NCLAT
- Manmohan Singh to receive Indira Gandhi peace prize