Anoop K Sharma new CMD of Shipping Corporation
- Ursula K. Le Guin, acclaimed writer of science fiction and fantasy, dies at 88
- Vijaya Bank Q3 net profit falls 65.45% to Rs79.56 crore
- Xiaomi’s Republic Day Sale starts today, mixes discounts, cashbacks
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: Convict seeks recall of SC conviction order
- Idea Cellular Q3 net loss expands to Rs1,285 crore
New Delhi: Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge as the chairman & managing director of Shipping Corporation of India for a period of three years.
“Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge of the post of CMD, Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) with effect from September 12, 2016 for a period of three years,” SCI informed the BSE.
As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business, servicing both national and international trades.
The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. Its owned fleet includes bulk carriers, crude oil tankers, product tankers, container vessels, passenger-cum-cargo vessels, phosphoric acid/ chemical carriers, LPG/ammonia carriers and offshore supply vessels.