Anoop K Sharma new CMD of Shipping Corporation
- Mumbai protests: Students block railway tracks, demand jobs
- International Day of Happiness: Money can buy you happiness, but only to a certain point, says Raj Raghunathan
- Mid-cap IT is growing faster, but what about risks?
- 39 Indians missing in Iraq since 2014 declared dead, confirms Sushma Swaraj
- International Day of Happiness: India’s diversity makes its millennials happy
New Delhi: Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge as the chairman & managing director of Shipping Corporation of India for a period of three years.
“Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge of the post of CMD, Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) with effect from September 12, 2016 for a period of three years,” SCI informed the BSE.
As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business, servicing both national and international trades.
The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. Its owned fleet includes bulk carriers, crude oil tankers, product tankers, container vessels, passenger-cum-cargo vessels, phosphoric acid/ chemical carriers, LPG/ammonia carriers and offshore supply vessels.