Anoop K Sharma new CMD of Shipping Corporation
Latest News »
- SP leader Uma Shankar Chaudhary dies after falling ill during meeting
- Amtek Auto Q1 loss widens to Rs889 crore
- Ram temple should be constructed in legal manner: Amit Shah
- BCCI appoints Hemang Amin as chief operating officer of IPL
- Mehbooba Mufti dismisses Farooq Abdullah’s statement on third party mediation
New Delhi: Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge as the chairman & managing director of Shipping Corporation of India for a period of three years.
“Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge of the post of CMD, Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) with effect from September 12, 2016 for a period of three years,” SCI informed the BSE.
As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business, servicing both national and international trades.
The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. Its owned fleet includes bulk carriers, crude oil tankers, product tankers, container vessels, passenger-cum-cargo vessels, phosphoric acid/ chemical carriers, LPG/ammonia carriers and offshore supply vessels.