Yamaha India appoints Motofumi Shitara as group chairman
Mumbai: Japanese two-wheeler maker Yamaha Motor India on Thursday announced a major rejig of its top management with a new group chairman in Motofumi Shitara who will also be the managing director of the flagship Yamaha Motor India Sales, from 1 January.
Motofumi Shitara will be taking over as the chairman of Yamaha Motor India group of companies from 1 January. He will also additionally hold the position of managing director of Yamaha Motor India and managing director of Yamaha Motor India sales, the company said in a statement.
The decision comes after the headquarters called back the incumbents Hiroaki Fujita, chairman of Yamaha Motor India group of companies and Masaki Asano, managing director of Yamaha Motor India sales.
The statement did not specify where the incumbents will be posted. The company has also elevated Hirokazu Yoshimitsu, executive vice-president of Yamaha Motor India sales, as the director.
- PM Narendra Modi launches Barmer refinery in Rajasthan
- Senior MQM leader Hasan Zafar Arif found dead in Karachi
- FBI warned Jared Kushner on Rupert Murdoch’s ex-wife, says report
- Reliance Industries declares 30% higher refinery capacity at Jamnagar plant
- TCS wins over $690 million deal from M&G Prudential